Laser hair removal has become a popular cosmetic procedure to bid adieu to excess body hair from different areas. If you are fed up of shaving, threading and tweezing, then laser hair removal is the ideal treatment for getting long-term results. Unlike shaving, threading and tweezing where hair keeps on coming back despite removing, laser hair removal ensures permanent results. But before undergoing it, you need to be aware of some of its unknown facts and secrets. Here are some of them. Keep on reading the article, you will definitely find interesting.
- The most common regions where laser hair removal works are face, upper lips, arms and underarms, legs, shoulders, chest and back. The treatment is costlier when it comes to removing hair from larger body areas. With laser hair removal in India spreading its wings, people are willing to spend more in order to have long-term results.
- Laser hair removal wipes out excess hair follicles by using laser beams or IPL (intense pulsed light). It is an effective unwanted hair removal procedure.The heat produced by the laser damages the hair follicles and inhibits the growth of new hair.
- Patients undergoing the treatment need to take a few precautions to get best results from it. Before your laser hair removal treatment, you will need to ascertain that you avoid sun beds, sunbathing, tanning lotions and fake tan. The area to be treated should not be bleached or waxed but it should be shaved. After the treatment gets over, avoid scented products, deodorants , hot showers, steam rooms and saunas because they can cause skin irritation.
- It takes within five to six sessions of laser hair removal in order to get fantastic results. Patients with light skin and dark coarse hair are likely to get best results from the treatment. People having dark complexion or sun tanned skin take more time to get results because melanin soaks some of the laser beams.
- Laser hair is a safe, fast, and effective treatment when executed in a board certified dermatologist’s office. Prominent results will start showing within three months after the treatment.
- Laser hair removal is a much better treatment than another hair removal technique called electrolysis. Electrolysis can be a dull, excruciating procedure damaging each hair roots individually at a time.
Laser hair removal on the other hand can eradicate many hair follicles at the same time so the process is much faster and effective. Nowadays many clinics provide laser hair removal in India but you need to do some research before undergoing it.
- The cost of the cosmetic procedure depends on the size of the area to be treated. Large areas of the body like the back or legs is costlier than smaller areas of the body such as upper lips.
- Large areas in the body tends to take more time to get rid of the unwanted hair.
Back 1 1/2 -3 hours
Shoulders 10-20 minutes
Underarms 1-2 minutes
Swimsuit Line 8-10 minutes
Upper lip 1 minute
Chin 2-3 minutes
Legs 2 -3 hours
Hopefully you will find the above-mentioned facts and secrets about laser hair removal beneficial.