Around the world, millions of males and females are affected by the problem of hair loss. Quite often you’ll found many people blaming their genes for hair loss problem, but in many cases, it’s not just the only reason. Apart from genes, other factors that are behind the problem of hair thinning and baldness are hair care routine, eating habits, various medical conditions and medicines consumed for different type of diseases.
You’ll be a bit surprised to know that the shampoo you are using can be contributing to your hair loss problem. Shampoo does not cause hair fall, but using the wrong type of shampoo does. Hair loss can also be started by certain ingredients found in shampoo. Yes it’s true that some of the shampoo ingredients can cause hair loss.
Here are some ingredients found in shampoo that can cause hair thinning or baldness:
- Alcohol – You heard it right, alcohol is an ingredient which is found in almost all hair-care products, but it can lead to hair loss if used in high concentration as it dehydrates the hair.
- Formaldehyde – A compound known as Formaldehyde is often found in some shampoos and hair conditioning products, especially in baby shampoos. Formaldehyde has disinfectant qualities so it is used as a preservative. This compound not only results in hair loss, but can damage your DNA as well.
- Greaser – Hair thinning can be caused by greasers including lanolin, petroleum and mineral oil, which are found in hair-care products as these chemicals prevent absorption of natural oils.
- Sodium chloride – Sodium chloride, also called as table salt, is another ingredient found in shampoo causes damage to hair and follicles to a great extent. To thicken shampoos and conditioners, concentrated sodium chloride solution is added into them. It causes itchy scalp and may start hair loss by making the scalp dry.
- Sulfates – SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate) and ALS (Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate) are common in a number of cheap and low quality shampoos. These are extremely harmful for your hair strands and can cause irritation on the scalp.
- How To Avoid Hair Fall Caused By Shampoo
- Select The Best & High Quality Shampoo – Always go for a renowned & dependable shampoo brand. Also, try to figure out type of your hair, so that you choose the brand which suits you best.
- Stay Away from shampoo which contains irritant ingredients.
- Never use shampoo to wash your hair daily because excessive shampooing destroys the hair.
- Always read the ingredients written on the back of your shampoo bottle. This way you can stay away from harmful chemicals and buy mild or safe shampoo for your hair.
If you’ve become bald due to excessive usage of harmful shampoo then hair transplant in India is an ideal solution for your problem. Visit the best hair transplant surgeon in India to fight against the baldness problem.