You are feeling that age is controlling you and you need to do something and get rid of the facial wrinkles and sagging. Though it is depending on the fact that how many numbers of wrinkles do you wish to remove. These surgical procedures varied from being lunch time lifts (minimally invasive) to a time consuming one. The main aim is to tighten internal tissues by removing the excess skin and correct double chin, remove marionette lines and jowl formations.
To experience the ultimate level of facial rejuvenation, people have to undergo this surgery, but it is not always the result achieved which they had wished for.
There are conditions when a facelift can be considered by the patients:
- If the sin elasticity exists even after witnessing other signs of aging.
- If you feel that there is excess facial fat, which is hindering the career
- If you feel that the face doesn’t reflect the youthful beauty and grace like before
- If you appear older than the actual age due to the hereditary reasons.
Just like the negative aspects there is also a lot many positive aspects of a facelift, which are as follows:
- The Best technique for re-contouring the neck and jaw line
- Rectify multiple distorted areas of the face
- This surgery persists for a 10 year span which makes it appear the candidates at least 10-15 years younger than her age.
- It can help you rejuvenate your face with a way more younger version of yours, though it cannot help you to change or modify any particular organ of your face
- It is also conducted in collaboration of Blepharoplasty or eyelid surgery.
The following are the common facial characteristics which make a candidate ideal for the surgical procedure:
- If you have sagging skin near jaw line area and mid face
- If you have a double chin or loose chin
- If jowls are visible with the loss of muscle tone
- If one has marionette lines
- If there is creased skin in the neck area
- If there is exhibiting Nasobial folds, which can extend from corners of mouth to nose.
- If you have loose facial skin as a result from aging and displacement of excess facial fat.
But whatever be it, having a realistic expectation from the surgery is must and they can become a great candidate for the procedure if you have explicit knowledge about the same and realistic expectations to deal with.
The types of facelift procedures are as follows:
- SMAS Lift (where SMAS stands for Superficial Musculo Aponeurotic System)
- MACS Facelift (where MACS stands for Minimal Access Cranial Suspension)
- Subperiosteal Facelift
- Composite Facelift
- Deep-plane Facelift
- Skin-only Facelift
- Mid Facelift
- Mini Facelift
- Thread lift