Skin is your body’s largest organ. It has several functions, including protecting you from invasions of unwanted substances and providing a way to release toxins from your body. The skin can be a reflection of your overall health. In addition to a regular skin care regimen at home, you may want to consider having regular facials. There are many types of skin and several types of facials; choose the type of facial that best suits your individual needs. You may want to look into a spa that offers violet facials in Boston, or in your area.
Types of Facials
- If you are suffering from severe acne or rashes, you may want to start with a basic cleanup before getting a facial. A face cleanup unclogs pores, gets rid of dead skin, and leaves the skin clean. Steam is used to clean the skin and remove blackheads and whiteheads. Next, an exfoliating cream is used to remove dead skin. The final step is to moisturize the skin.
- A regular facial is the least expensive type of facial. The steps are similar to a basic cleanup, with a mask applied between exfoliation and moisturizing. A regular facial, done twice a month, will help add life to your skin.
- Electric facials are becoming very popular. Wands with mild electrical currents are used to stimulate increased circulation. The muscles are lifted, which creates a youthful, glowing appearance.
- The most natural and cost-effective type of facial is a fruit facial. The enzymes and antioxidants in fresh fruits help rejuvenate the skin, reduce dark spots, and minimize fine lines. For the best results, use fruit with vitamin C. You can have a fruit facial at a spa or mix up some fruit pulp at home and do it yourself.
- If you have a problem with acne, try an acne facial. The process starts with a glycolic acid exfoliation and a warm vapor mist. Manual deep pore extraction and electric disencrustation, followed by an anti-bacterial mask, completes the process.
- If your skin is dull or dehydrated, consider a paraffin facial. Warm wax is applied over a layer of gauze. As the wax cools, it opens the pores and moisturizes the face. Paraffin can also be used on hands and feet.
- Anti-aging facials help slow the aging process of the skin. Collagen is used to help regain the natural suppleness of the skin. Microdermabrasion helps eliminate dead skin and helps restore a youthful glow to your skin.
Taking good care of your skin helps you look and feel healthier. There are many types of facials available. You may want to consider having regular violet facials in Boston, or an anti-aging facial at a spa in your area.