If you suffer from itchy scalp, dandruff, hair fall and other similar hair problems, it is probably time for you to go all natural. Essential oils are the best way to go natural and treat various scalp and hair problems. These oils have been long famous for their benefits and pleasant fragrance but the use of it is a lesser-known fact. These oils not only provide soothing effects to the hair, but also prove beneficial and calming for the mind as they eliminate stress and aid relaxation. Here are some effective ways of using essential oils to get healthy hair and scalp.
- Lavender Oil provides relief to dandruff prone and itchy scalp. Its antiseptic properties eliminate germs that clog the hair follicles, and cause dandruff and hair fall. This essential oil can be mixed with carrier oils such as jojoba, rosemary or tea tree to be used as a hair massage oil. The use of this essential oil will yield effective results in terms of boosting hair growth and solving itchy scalp problems.
- Tea Tree oil is known for its amazing property of fighting bacterial and fungal infections- be it on skin or hair. The oil moisturizes dry scalp without making it oily and at the same time cleanses the dead skin cells, thereby minimizing hair loss. Mix it with carrier oil such as olive oil and use it for effective scalp treatment.
- Rosemary essential oil, extracted from the rosemary herb is comprised of anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. The oil is highly beneficial for improving itchy scalp, thinning hair and grey hair problems. Mix the oil with a carrier oil such as olive oil or almond oil and massage gently on hair scalp. It helps in stimulating growth and improving scalp blood circulation, thus leading to soft and shiny hair without itchiness.
- Cedar Wood essential oil helps in boosting scalp blood circulation and encouraging hair growth. It also prevents any fungal infection since it contains anti-inflammatory properties. Mix few drops of cedar wood essential oil with 2-3 tbsp of coconut oil and massage on scalp. It will improve the blood circulation on scalp and treat hair fall problem.
- Jojoba Oil is one essential oil that has found extensive usage in the aromatherapy industry. It encourages hair growth and prevents hair breakage problems. The oil provides nourishment to dry, rough hair and thus gives shiny smooth hair. Mix it with castor oil or grape seed oil and massage on scalp. Wash off after 30 minutes and say hello to soft shiny hair.
- Sweet Basil Oil promotes healthy blood circulation and essential nutrients to the hair, thus aiding in hair growth. The oil cleans up blocked hair follicles and clears dandruff and oily scalp. Mix 2-3 drops of the oil with carrier oil like olive oil and massage on scalp. Rinse off after 30 minutes and see effective results.
While essential oils have immense benefits, very the wider audience knows few of them. Always consult an aroma therapist before buying or using any essential oil for any use. Since essential oils are purest in their form, they happen to be in concentrated formulations. Never use essential oils all by themselves. Make sure to use them in few drops and mix with proper carrier oils before using. It is advisable to use high-grade essential oils to reap full benefits out of them.
Find the best hair oil for your specific hair condition by browsing through the wide range of imported hair oils on My Beauty Bazaar. If you are pregnant or lactating, please consult a physician before using any such product.